What is online marketing?
Online (or digital) marketing is about promoting your business online via your website or blog, social media, email etc. The main objective of online marketing is “being present at the right moment to capture the customer”.
Online marketing: more of a science than an art
While some people think online marketing is about how many “friends or likes” you have on Facebook or how many “followers” you have on Twitter, this simply isn’t true. Digital marketing is much more strategic and is based on you identifying your target audience and focusing your marketing efforts on that core group of customers (or clients).
Digital marketing platforms may include:
- Social (or Social Media) – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Video – YouTube, Vimeo
- Search – Google, Safari, Foxfire
- Email – MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Content – blogs, email and social media
- Display – general advertisements and brand messages (Google, Facebook)
Three main types of media used in online marketing:
- Earned – organic, social media, articles written about you
- Owned – your website, email listings, blog
- Paid – Google AdWords, Facebook, Display Marketing
Online marketing is a tool that if used strategically can produce excellent results for your business. To learn more about digital marketing please subscribe to our newsletter. If you would like to discuss your online marketing needs such as web design or social media marketing simply contact us or call us at 404-917-3790.