What is online marketing?
Online (or digital) marketing is about promoting your business online using a variety of channels. The main objective of online marketing is “being present at the right moment to capture the customer”.
Online marketing is more of a science than an art
While some people think online marketing is about how many “friends or likes” you have on Facebook or how many “followers” you have on Twitter, this simply is not true. Digital marketing is much more strategic and is based on you identifying your target audience and focusing your marketing efforts on that core group of clients or customers.
I often hear people say things like “that website looks great” or “I like that ad”. That’s great but what good is something that looks good if it doesn’t improve your conversion rate, increase sales or provide the customer with the information they need to make an informed decision.
Digital marketing channels may include:
- Social (or Social Media) – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Video – YouTube, Vimeo
- Search – Google, Safari, Foxfire
- Email – MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Content – blogs, email and social
- Display – general advertisements and brand messages (Google, Facebook)
Three types of media used in online marketing:
- Paid – Google Adwords, Facebook, Display Marketing
- Owned – your website, email listings, blog
- Earned – organic, social media, articles written about you
Online marketing is a tool that if used strategically can produce excellent results for your business. To learn more about digital marketing please subscribe to our blog by visiting our website www.brianscottdigital.com. If you would like to discuss your online marketing needs such as web design or social media marketing simply contact us or call us at 404-917-3790.