The “5 Keys to Business Success” or the “5KBS System” is a strategy I created to help improve the five most important areas of any business including:
- Products/Services – The one thing that most “successful businesses” have in common is they have great products and/or services. Although many business owners believe they’re providing a great product or service in most cases there is room for improvement.
- Customer Service – The old saying the “customer is always right” is true (in most cases) but how many businesses actually live up to that promise. Most businesses say they have great customer service but often don’t deliver. Great customer service is the key to repeat customers and referrals.
- Your Staff (or business team) – Having a highly motivated, well trained staff is very important but often overlooked by ownership and management. This is usually due to poor hiring practices, a lack of staff training, or not providing the right incentives to motivate employees. Small business owners that cannot afford to hire full or part time staff should make sure they surround themselves with the right “team of professionals” (sales, accounting, marketing, legal , etc.).
- Marketing & Sales – Marketing is an “investment in your business” and should not be treated as just another business expense. Having effective marketing and sales strategies are key to growing your business.
- Financials – The cash flow statement, income statement, balance sheet, invoices, spreadsheets, taxes , etc., are just some of the financial statements a business owner must maintain. Neglecting this aspect of your business can lead to poor business decisions (based on flawed or inaccurate information).
It doesn’t matter if you’re a for-profit or a non-profit organization, if you sell a product or provide a service, have a store front or an online business the 5KBS System will improve your business.
To learn more please contact Brian Scott Digital or simply call us at 404-917-3790.
Please share this article