Deadlines & Information:
- Tax season starts Monday, January 27, 2020
- You should receive your W-2’s or 1099’s by January 31, 2020
- IRS filing deadline: Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- IRS form 1040 filing extension: due by October 15, 2020
- Note: an extension to file does not mean an extension to pay
- Check your refund status: https://www.irs.gov/refunds
- To check the status of your refund: you need a SS#, filing status & exact refund amount
Documentation & Preparation:
- Tax documents for individuals: W-2’s, 1099’s, mortgage statements, charitable donations
- You and your spouses: full name, SS# and D.O.B
- Children’s/dependents: full name, SS# and D.O.B
- Tax documents for small businesses: 1099’s, business expenses, receipts (as needed)
If you have any questions or need help filing your taxes, please call me at 404-917-3790.
Please share this information via email and social media.